State of Vermont Internship Program
The State of Vermont Internship Program is a great way to prepare for a career by obtaining practical on-the-job experience. Gain experience, learn on the job, and support Vermont and Vermonters – Explore a student internship in Vermont state government today!
Why Become an Intern?
The benefits of a State internship are substantial:
- Earn college credit
- Develop valuable references
- Enhance your resume
- Gain relevant work experience
- Connect theory and practice
- Provide a meaningful service to your community and state
State government is one of Vermont’s largest employers. The wide range of services makes it possible to offer internships in many diverse fields. For a list of current opportunities see "Available Internship Opportunities" in the "Forms & Documents" box at the right.
You are eligible to apply for an internship if you are:
- At least 18 years of age; AND
- Enrolled at an institution of higher education; OR
- A recent college graduate; OR
- Working with Voc Rehab Vermont or Vermont Adult Learning.
Priority is given to Vermont residents and those attending or recently graduating from a higher education institution in the State of Vermont.
To explore an internship, review the following documents found in the "Forms & Documents" box at the right:
- Information for Interns
- Available Internship Opportunities
Internship Application Form
When ready, send your completed Internship Application Form, resume, and cover letter to email@example.com