Welcome to the State of Vermont’s new VTHR Human Resource information system. VTHR is the secure, online system for managing employee data and processing payroll. As a State of Vermont employee VTHR helps you find employment, manage your benefits, update your personal information, report time and much, much more.
We have organized employee information, training resources and forms & documents into three categories: Careers, Employee Self Service and Time Entry. The careers area will assist you in applying for state jobs. The Employee Self Service area contains information that will assist you in updating your personal information, changing your direct deposit designations, viewing your pay statement and managing your benefits. The Time Entry area will assist you in completing your timesheet.
Need help with a transaction in VTHR?
Written instructions and online tutorials are available on a variety of topics via the links in the UPK Tutorial section to the right. The tutorials are recorded sessions that employees can view as often as desired. These tutorials have three modes in which you can view them “See it!” which plays like a video, “Try it!” which is interactive and guides you through completing a transaction and “Print it!” which allows you to print a desk aid.
- Your employee number is your user ID
- Passwords expire after 90 days but if you have your system profile set-up you can reset your password yourself anytime by answering a security question of your choosing
- Do not use the browser back button
- After 20 minutes of inactivity you will be logged off
- Always use the "Sign Out" link to close your account when your are done using it