Skip to main content

Appeal Process

If you are dissatisfied during the application process with response to your request for a reasonable accommodation or a mandatory interview from Recruitment Services; or if you are dissatisfied with your agency or department's response to your request for a reasonable accommodation after you have become employed by the State, you may contact the Reasonable Accommodation Committee (RAC) in the Labor Relations Division of the Department of Human Resources at (802) 828-3454.

The RAC will review your request for reasonable accommodation and notify you of its decision within approximately ten business days after receiving your request.

If you are dissatisfied with the RAC review of your request for accommodation, you may request, by letter to the RAC Chair, an opportunity to discuss the committee's decision within ten (10) days of receipt of the decision. For a full description of the RAC review process, please refer to Reasonable Accommodation, Number 3.2. If you are dissatisfied by the RAC Chair's response, you may grieve the decision pursuant to the ADA Grievance Procedures in ADA Grievance Procedures, Number 10.2.

Other Resources

You may also contact the following agencies or associations if you would like to pursue or explore other legal remedies that may be available to you.

Vermont Human Rights Commission
14-16 Baldwin Street
Montpelier, Vermont 05633-6301
800-416-2010 (voice/TTY)
802-828-2480 (voice/TTY)
802-828-2481 (fax)

Vermont State Employee's Association, Inc.
155 State Street, P.O. Box 518
Montpelier, Vermont 05601
802-223-5247 (voice)

Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
Boston Area Office
One Congress St
10th Floor, Room 1001
Boston, MA 02114
800-669-4000 (voice)
800-669-6820 (TTY)