Training and Development
SUPERVISORY TRAINING IS NOW AVAILABLE! Click here to go to our Supervisory Training page and learn about "Supervising in State Government Level 1: The Essentials." Register NOW for the courses!
We have moved, and our new name is:
The Center for Achievement in Public Service (CAPS)
32 College Street
Montpelier, VT 05620-2801
(VCFA Schulmaier Hall, 1st. Floor)
Phone: 802-828-2751 / Fax: 802-828-3890
WHO WE ARE
Formerly known as The Summit: Center for State Employee Development, the training center is a function of the Workforce Development Division. With programs and services for employees, supervisors, managers, and the organizations of state government, the Center for Achievement in Public Service (CAPS) is a robust resource for training, coaching, facilitation and organizational consulting.
Our programs and services are designed to increase effectiveness and engagement at all levels. The pages of this website will lead you to:
- Training and coaching for supervisors
- The Vermont Certified Public Manager Program®
- Elective in-class and web-based learning opportunities for all employees
Consulting services for agencies, departments and divisions, including:
- Needs assessment
- Employee engagement survey follow-up
- Facilitation and organizational consulting
- On site/special design trainings for intact teams (including HR topics, team development, communication and conflict management)
We are making some very exciting changes to our programs so please check this site frequently!