Federal W-4’s should be completed at the time of hire, additionally, active employees can change their W-4 withholdings during any time within a calendar year.
- Changes made to W-4 withholdings can be done in Employee Self Service. As a friendly reminder, changes to withholdings may take a full pay period to become effective.
State W-4 VT
State, W-4 VT’s, are also completed at the time of hire, and can be updated as often as needed throughout the calendar year.
- Changes made to W-4 VT withholding can be done completing the W-4 VT form and submitted to Payroll. Changes to state withholdings may take a full pay period to become effective.
- Be sure to complete the W-4 VT in its entirety to assure that your withholdings are appropriately applied.
Claiming "EXEMPT" from Withholding on your W-4 Forms
- IRS link and information about whether or not you should claim "EXEMPT" from Federal/States taxes when completing your W-4 Forms.
W-2's and W-2 Reprint
A W-2 The form that an employer must send to an employee and the IRS at the end of the year. The W-2 form reports an employee's annual wages and the amount of taxes withheld from his or her paycheck.
- W-2’s are issued annually no later than January 31st of the new calendar year.
- W-2’s are sent to the mailing address listed in your Employee Self Service.
- W-2’s once completed can be viewed and re-printed from employee’s self-service portal. To see the W-2 Reprint instructions (pdf), click Here.
To assist employees with understanding their W-2, please see this document.