The Center for Achievement in Public Service offers a range of online classes through various partners. These classes are available to all state employees, covering a broad range of topics for employee development, safety and health, and other more job specific areas. Many of the classes are offered without charge and allow for employees to access classes from their desk.
We are currently partnering with the following eLearning platforms:
- KnowledgeWave (ADS has paid for all state employees to utilize these trainings) Once employees have completed courses through Universal Class, they may upload their certificates of completion to the LMS using the Add External Training tool. Please refer to the Add External Trainings section of the "How To" document for directions.
- SANS IT is no longer available as a resource for on-line training. We anticipate a new resource will be available in the next several weeks. We are managing this change as quickly as possible to limit the impact on our customers.
- Universal Class
The Vermont Department of Libraries in conjunction with the Department of Human Resources is happy to provide SOV employees with access to Universal Class. Universal Class is an online learning provider that has an extensive catalog of classes, ranging from computer software to business ethics to diversity.
Universal Class offers more than 500 classes, not all connected to work-related themes. To help employees identify SOV related courses, we have developed a catalog that can be accessed here. DHR strongly suggests that you only take courses during work hours that:
- Have been either assigned, vetted or previously discussed with your supervisor, and
- Are directly connected and relevant to your work with the State of Vermont.
Once employees have completed these courses, they can upload their completion certificates to the Learning Management System to add them to their transcript. For more information about Universal Class and directions on how to navigate the system and upload certificates, click here for the “How To” document.
Click here for more information about resources from the Department of Libraries.
- To access these classes, state employees must have a Vermont state or municipal library card. You may use your municipal library card, or obtain a library card from your local library or the State library. Employees can click here to be directed to an online form to request a State library card.
- For information connected to navigation of Universal Class, click here.
Link to Learning Management System (LMS):
Once employees have completed courses through Universal Class, they may upload their certificates of completion to the LMS using the Add External Training tool. Please reference the Add External Trainings section of the “How To” document for directions.
- For questions connected to Library Cards, Universal Class access or other library related questions, please contact Tom McMurdo,firstname.lastname@example.org or 802-828-6953.
- For questions connected to the Learning Management System and uploading certificates, please email DHR.CAPS@vermont.gov.
VIVID LEARNING - for online safety training
Risk Management and its workplace safety administrator, PMA Companies, have transitioned from the online safety course provider Resource Now to a new provider - Vivid Learning. All online safety courses are available only through DHR’s LINC Learning Management System (LMS) – the system of record for all employee training.
New eLearning Videos have been uploaded to the LMS. Please use the keyword "Vivid" in the Welcome Page Search bar.
NOTE: Please use Firefox or Chrome browsers to run the online trainings.