- How to update Time Reporter Groups (TRG) restrictions and definitions?
- Restrictions: There must be at least 3 employees per group.
- Definitions: Time Reporter Groups (TRG) create access to employee timesheet for supervisors and managers.
- Please refer to the TRG_Approver Changes Form (xlsx).
- How to update Workgroup?
- If an alternate work schedule or returning from an alternate work schedule, contact your HR Administrator. These updates require a PAR.
- Exempt/Woodside/DPS please contact Email Time & Labor
- How do I know that I have saved my timesheet?
- Review the timesheet screen and under the Timesheet Sheet Status, a status of ‘submitted’ will be listed. If not, click submit.
- How do I know if my timesheet has been approved?
- In the Timesheet screen, under the Timesheet Status section, the status of ‘Needs Approval’ will be visible.
- If I can’t enter my time, who can enter my time for me?
- Those with time sheet delegates will not have to enter their own time. See the Request for Time Entry – Delegate (WORD) document.
- Contact supervisor or department delegate for assistance with general Time Sheet questions.
- I missed the deadline to complete and submit my timesheet, what do I do?
- Reach out to department delegate for assistance.
- The timesheet submitted is incorrect, what do I do?
- If it is before the deadline (see VTHR Deadlines (pdf)), you can update and resubmit the timesheet. For all timesheet corrections/resubmission notify your supervisor/delegate.
- If it is after the deadline, contact your immediate supervisor and/or delegate.
- How do I code a Holiday?
- See the Holiday Coding (pdf) Instructions.
- I am unsure which Task Profile to select?
- Contact your department’s Business Office.
- I am going out on an approved leave, how do I code my timesheet?
- Please review the Workers Comp coding instructions (pdf)/supplementing approved claims.
- Please review the Additional Time Reporting Codes (pdf) for FMLA coding instructions.
- All others contact your HR Admin to determine the appropriate leave code.
- I have a question about compensatory time balances?
- Compensatory time balances are a snapshot in time, please note that any compensatory time coded in the current pay period will not be reflected in the HR Advise balance.
- Overtime in the form of compensatory time can only be earned once daily, weekly/bi-weekly schedules have been fulfilled. Reference this memo: Cash or Compensatory Time for Overtime When Sick Leave is Used (pdf).
- I have a question regarding Prior Pay Period Adjustments?
- Please review the VTHR Deadlines (pdf) document and contact your delegate for processing details.
- Contact your supervisor, department delegate or HR Administrator regarding prior pay period changes.
The VTHR Helpdesk recommends using Internet Explorer 10/11 and Mozilla Firefox. Google Chrome does work fine, however under the right circumstances the scrollbar will not work properly.