New Employee Orientation (NEO)
At the State of Vermont, we invest in our people and support them in and outside of the office. As new hires start their career with the State, we know they will be curious about their benefits, policies that affect them, and more. The State of Vermont New Employee Orientation (NEO) was designed to ensure a smooth transition for new employees with the State of Vermont. In this orientation, they are provided with information and resources to prepare them for their journey through the on-boarding process, including:
- An introduction to health benefits
- Information about other benefits the State offers
- A review of important employee responsibilities and policies
- An overview of VTHR Employee Self Service
- An overview of the New Employee Center in VTHR where they will review and enter key personal and pay information, as well as enroll in benefits
- Mandatory training on the laws, policies and culture of state government. Training must be completed within the first 180 days of employment.
LIST OF CLASSES:
- Preventing and Addressing Sexual Harassment – classroom/2 hours
- Civility and Unconscious Bias in the Workplace – classroom/2 hours
- Diversity Online– online/15 minutes
- Ethics in State Government: Decisions and Dilemmas– online/ 15 minutes
- Emergency Procedures for the Individual State Employee – online/2 hours 25 minutes
- Continuous Improvement 101 – online/30 minutes
- Office Ergonomics – online/20 minutes
- Defensive Driving Course – online/2 hours
- Security Mentor Training through SOV LINC
Consider the mandatory trainings as you put together the new employee’s schedule.
DHR will send communications to you and your employee as a reminder to complete mandatory trainings. For a complete list of automated DHR communications, see the "Other Resources" Section of this site.