Send the employee an email (or letter) to welcome them and set expectations for their first day at work. Below is a sample of what to include.
We are all very excited that you have decided to join the State of Vermont and look forward to your start on <<date>>!
Here at the State of Vermont, You and Your Work Matter, so to make sure you are ready for your first day I have included some information that will help you be well prepared. Please take a moment to review and reach out if you have any further questions.
- Please plan to arrive at <<address, floor, etc.>> at <<HH:MM am/pm>>
- You can park at___________
- Upon your arrival, please ask for <<manager or a delegate>>
- On you first day, you will attend a New Employee Orientation session that will start at <<time>>. After Orientation you will be brought back to my office <<or wherever they should go>>
- Please make sure you have the proper identification to complete your I-9 form.
Again, congratulations and welcome aboard!