The Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBA's) between the State of Vermont Employee's Association (VSEA), and the Vermont Troopers Association (VTA), establish a statewide Safety & Health Maintenance Committee. The Committee consists of four representatives selected by the Vermont State Employees Association (VSEA), one representative selected by the Vermont Troopers Association (VTA) and four representatives selected by the State. According to the Contract the Committee’s responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Development of general guidelines and procedures for use in the agencies/departments;
- Assessment of agency/department safety practices and programs, including any appropriate recommendation, and development of a plan for changes or improvements in safety and working conditions.
- Review of grievances and complaints in the safety/health area which are referred to the committee consistent with Section 4 of Article 29.
- Identification of safety training needs and the initiation of appropriate training efforts, which may include the solicitation of available grant funds.
- Committee recommendations will be referred to the Secretary of Administration.
To file a complaint with the Safety & Health Maintenance Committee:
- Download, print and complete the Safety and Health Complaint Form which can be located under the Forms & Documents section.
- Make two copies of the completed form.
- Keep the original complaint, send a copy to the Labor Relation Division of the Department of Human Resources, and a copy to your Field Representative at VSEA headquarters (Addresses can be found on the form).