Located at 32 College Street in Montpelier, CAPS is a full service training center with three classrooms and a number of smaller conference and meeting rooms. Parking can be found in our back parking lot in spaces that are not marked as Permit Parking only. Parking can also be found around the College Green, on the street where permitted and behind some of the other buildings in spaces that are not reserved.
- Normal staff reception and correspondence hours are 7:45 a.m. - 4:15 p.m., Mon. - Fri., excluding holidays and special events.
- Supervising in State Government runs 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Most other full-day classes run 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. unless otherwise posted. See class listings for specifics.
- Events for Executive Branch departments and agencies may be scheduled to run between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. most days, based on availability. Sessions must end by 4:00.
Contact DHR.CAPS@vermont.gov to request a space.
- One classroom with capacity for 40 - 60, depending on room set-up.
- Two classrooms with capacity for 24 up to 30, depending on room set-up.
- Meeting rooms for up to 15.
Classrooms include projector, computer, marker boards, easels and pads.
- Lunchroom for use by our participants, with refrigerator space and microwaves.
- Keurig coffee maker and hot water kettle (bring your own coffee, sugar, cream).
- Two private mother's stations.
- Computer kiosk for use by participants during breaks.
Directions and Parking
I-89 to Exit 8: Follow the access road and turn left at the 4th stoplight (Main St./Rte. 12N). At the next light, turn right onto East State Street up to VCFA at the top of the hill. Continue to College St. and turn right. Schulmaier Hall (32 College) is at the corner of College & Ridge St.
Park behind Schulmaier Hall and enter through the main door facing College St. Come up a short flight of stairs to reach CAPS.
Accessible parking is available in the lot behind Schulmaier Hall and there is elevator access from 7:45 AM - 4:30 PM.