Skip to main content


How to do I contact CAPS?

Email: or see our Contact Us page for more information.

How do I register for classes offered at CAPS?

We have robust course offerings for state employees.  To learn more about our classes and to register, click here.

Does CAPS offer online courses?

Yes! Employees may choose from many courses offered through Universal Class and PMA.  Click here to access all online courses.

Does CAPS offer computer classes?

In addition to the computer courses found on the online site listed above, the State of Vermont also offers a discounted rate for computer courses though KnowledgeWave Training ( and Waterbury Center, LLC, d/b/a Vermont Panurgy (

I tried to register for a class but it is full.  Will you notify me if the class is held again?

Yes, using the SOV LINC system, simply click on the event, then click "notify me of new sessions" 

Is there a cost to attend classes?

Most classes are offered free of charge to State of Vermont executive branch employees. Should there be a charge, it will be clearly listed in the class description and the employee's department will be invoiced. Some classes are available to employees of other branches of state government and non-government employees; please contact CAPS at for availability and cost.

My supervisor said I could have the time off to take a class, but my department will not pay for it. Can I pay for the class with a personal check?

Yes.  Please contact to arrange for payment.