CAPS is a full service training center with three classrooms and a number of smaller conference and meeting rooms. It is a busy center with trainings and meetings in session most days. Departments and agencies may schedule meeting space when rooms are not needed for CAPS programs. See below for room specifics.
- Normal staff reception and correspondence hours are 8:00 a.m. - 4:15 p.m., Mon. - Fri., excluding holidays and special events.
- Supervising in State Government runs 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Most other full-day classes run 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. unless otherwise posted. See class listings for specifics.
- Events for Executive Branch departments and agencies may be scheduled to run between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. most days, based on availability. Sessions must end by 4:00.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, 828-2751, to explore space availability. Spaces include:
- One classroom with capacity for 40 up to 70, depending on room set-up.
- Two classrooms with capacity for 24 up to 30, depending on room set-up.
- Meeting rooms for up to 15.
Classrooms include projector, computer, marker boards, easels and pads. Audio by special arrangement.
- Spacious lunchroom for use by our participants, with refrigerator space and microwaves.
- Keurig coffee maker/K-Cup vending machine/Snack/Beverage vending machines.
- Two private mother's stations.
- Computer kiosk for use by participants during breaks.
Directions and Parking
I-89 to Exit 8: Follow the access road and turn left at the 4th stoplight (Main St./Rte. 12N). At the next light, turn right onto East State Street up to VCFA at the top of the hill. Continue to College St. and turn right. Schulmaier Hall (32 College) is at the corner of College & Ridge St.
Park behind Schulmaier Hall (as our guests, you do not need a VCFA sticker) and enter through the main door facing College St. Come up a short flight of stairs to CAPS' grey double doors.
Accessible parking is available in the lot behind Schulmaier Hall. Please call a day ahead to let us know you are coming (802-828-2751) so that we can assist with access to the elevator.