To register for a COVID-19 Test or Vaccination, click here.
If you have recently been exposed to someone with COVID-19, please consult the FAQ for information on best practices. The Main call center is also available to help answer further questions. The call center can be reached at: (802) 863-7240 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make Sure You Are Fully Vaccinated and Protected (Pfizer and Moderna Vaccines)!
As varients of the COVID virus are starting to appear, it is important that you complete the two shot series if you got your first shot with Moderna or Pfizer Vaccines. These vaccines may protect you against the primary COVID virus but ar not very effective against the varients that are now showing up in the States.
Please protect yourselves, your family, those you love and the greater Vermont community! We can do this!!
COVID Precautions for Travel and Socializing
You may not be protected from COVID-19 for a few weeks after your second shot. Experts still need to understand more about how COVID-19 vaccines keep us safe from this coronavirus, before changing prevention recommendations. That's why it's important to continue taking steps to prevent COVID-19 and to follow the state guidelines for travel and quarantine.
Livongo is a holistic program that empowers people with certain health challenges to live better and do more. If you have type 1 or type 2 diabetes and /or high blood pressure, Livongo is for you!
Livongo can make it easier to manage your condition(s), giving you the support, tools, and feedback you need when you need them most. The best part? There is no cost to you. Livongo is currently only available to those employees and retirees in the health plan through the Stateas well as their covered dependents.
SOV specific contact information:
Online registration: get.livongo.com/STATEOFVERMONT
Registration code: STATEOFVERMONT
or call (800) 945-4355.
Check out the Livongo Health Resoures
- Livongo Get Your Health Back on Track!
- Livongo Healthy Snack Recipes
- Livongo Guide to Sick Days
- Livongo 30-day Water Challenge
- Livongo 30-day Cardio Challenge
- Livongo Tips for Coping with Back-to-Office Anxiety
- Livongo Back-to-School Tips for Kids
- Livongo Easy, Healthy Lunches for School or Work
- Livongo Travel Food Recipes
- Livongo Skin Protection
- Livongo Safe Travel Tips
- 30 Day Veggie Challenge
- Boost your Daily Step Count
- Cardio and Strength Training for Any Age
- Become a Local Tourist
- Money Saving Home-Cook Hacks
- SMART Goals
Stress Management Resources
How Can I Manage Stress from Livongo
Practice breathing and relaxation techniques at home:
- Stress Management: Breathing Exercises for Relaxation.
- Stress Management: Doing Guided Imagery to Relax.
- Stress Management: Doing Progressive Muscle Relaxation.
For more information, visit the SOV Benefits Employee Assistance Programs Webpage.
InvestEAP offers 24/7 short term counseling and referral to all state employees and their household members. If you need support on anything, please call (888) 834-2830 or visit Invest EAP Organization Password: "vteap"
Resources are also available for supervisors and/or other employees. Examples of services include:
- Supervisory Consultations for an employee or the immediate supervisor of employees about challenging situations in the workplace;
- Supervisory Referrals for employees who may need EAP support to return to a previous level of performance;
- Workshops on a wide array of topics;
- Web-based resources and tools
All Services utilized through EAP are strictly kept confidential.
InvestEAP Virtual Lunch & Learns: For the next session, check out our Events Calendar!
Self Care: Take care of yourself!
- Unplug. Don't let the technologies that help you do your work get in the way of your leisure time. Consider turning off cell phones or beepers when you are with family or friends. And avoid checking work email after hours.
- Be realistic. Remember that everyone has good days and bad days at work. For more information, see the topic Stop Negative Thoughts: Choosing a Healthier Way of Thinking.
- Reward yourself. When you finish a difficult task, celebrate. Take a short walk or call a friend!
- Schedule time for fun. Being quarantined is an adjustment for all of us! Be sure to schedule “you time” every day…Take the lunch time virtual yoga, go for a walk, read a book
Exercise can improve your mood and energy. It can also prevent fatigue and boost confidence! With gyms and studios closing, many places are offering free, virtual classes! Search for you favorite class type or check out the following!
Free Online Yoga Classes:
While the coronavirus is still spreading, it's best to take a "better safe than sorry" approach. This means:
- Keep your family home and away from others as much as possible. Don't have friends and extended family over, and don't go to their homes. People who look healthy still can be infected and can spread the virus. That's why it's important to stay away from everyone, even if they don't seem sick.
- If you have to go out, make sure you are at least 6 feet (2 meters) away from other people. Viruses can spread when someone sneezes or coughs out tiny droplets. These droplets don't usually travel more than 6 feet before falling to the ground.
- If you're caring for someone who is sick, take all recommended precautions. It's important to keep that person away from others.
- Use the resources available! Everyone is going through this together. Many communities are sharing their coping mechanisms. If you are struggling to come up with ideas try a google search or check out the following resources:
Maintain a Healthy, Well-Balanced Diet
Health Care Share program at Vermont Youth Conservation Corps. We provide a free produce CSA through health center and hospital networks to patients/households experiencing food insecurity and/or diet related illness. Our members are referred through primary care providers but it is not a formal ‘prescription’ program.
Other Educational and Support Resouces
- For information regarding CoVID-19 click here
- InvestEAP: SOV Organizational Password:VTEAP
- Find Your Prudential Retirement Counselor
For Central VT: Gilles Owen. Click here to schedule an appointment or call 802-622-4240
For Northwest VT: Brian Ficek. Click here to Schedule an Appointment or call 802-222-1798
For Southern VT: Susan Kibbe. Click Here to Schedule an Appointment or call 802-391 7229
For Montpelier and the North East Kingdom: Chip Sanville. Click here to schedule an appointment or call 802-274-0172
- SOV Smoking Cessation: 802Quits
- Smart About Money Online Courses (Website was retired on July 31, 2021. Any course through an alternate resource is acceptable under the LiveWell Vermont 2021 Incentive Program. Please note in survey the name of the course and the sponsoring organization.)
-LIVONGO: Online registration: Registration code: STATEOFVERMONT; May also call (800) 945-4355. (Employees/retirees covered under BCBSVT with the State.)
-HOW (Health through Oral Wellness) through NE Delta Dental
Vermont Department of Health